The rules on this page are subject to change, if you are interested in participating, please check the cosplay section of the website often to ensure you are aware of any updates or changes. Be advised that signing up for any cosplay contest is an affirmation that you agree to follow the rules presented on the Nashville Comicon website as well as any decisions made by cosplay staff prior to, or during, Nashville Comicon.
All cosplay events/panels have the potential to be photographed/filmed/recorded in some fashion. These recordings may be used in future galleries or promotions. Signing up for, and/or attending, any cosplay event is done with the understanding that recording could occur at any time and permission is tacitly given for the participant’s likeness to be used.
1. Any weapons must be PROP only. If you can hurt someone with it, leave it at home. NO Airsoft, etc.
2. You can only enter in one category. (Example: Solo or Group)
3. Originally crafted costumes only. (Store bought costumes are still welcome to enter but are not eligible to win).
4. Nashville Comicon is a family friendly event. All costumes must cover “swimsuit areas”-no nudity. Body-paint costumes are not eligible to win. Nashville adheres to the “PG-13 rule” when it comes to language and hand gestures on stage. Violation of this rule may cause you to be disqualified from the competition.
5. You must be a registered Nashville Comicon attendee in order to compete. Each member of your group must have a badge, pass, or other form of attendee membership. There is no additional fee to get into the contest.
6. The contest is open to characters from published works; movies, TV shows, comic books, cartoons, video games, and card games.
7. Costumes must be handled by the contestant or by handler(s) the contestant brings to help. Handlers are required to be registered attendees of the convention and Nashville Comicon cannot provide on-stage assistants.
8. Contestants are not allowed to throw anything off stage, nor use projectiles or use anything on stage that will leave a mess. This includes (but is not limited to) liquids, glitter, and confetti.
9. No pyrotechnics, fire, explosive devices, live animals, or similar special effects can be used during the competition; this includes smoke/smog machines and flash powder. Anyone who violates this rule may be disqualified from the competition and be asked to leave the convention area depending on the severity of the incursion. All prop weapons must conform to the Nashville Comicon prop policies, including being checked.
10. No food or drink on stage. No stage combat and no skits.
• Best Adult Cosplay (16 and up) Prizes for 1st Place and Runner Up
• Best Group Cosplay (3 or more people with theme) Prizes for 1st Place and Runner Up
• Best Kid Cosplay (Ages 15 and under) Prizes for 1st Place and Runner Up
• Best Group Kid Cosplay (3 or more people with theme) Prizes for 1st Place and Runner Up
Pre-Judging Table on main stage from 2-4 on Saturday.
At 4:45 pm Top 2 finalists in each category will be called on stage and Winners will be announced
Pre-Judging Table on main stage from 2-3 on Saturday.
At 3:45 pm Top 2 finalists in each category will be called on stage and Winners will be announced
June 4-5, 2022 SATURDAY: 10:30AM-5PM SUNDAY: 11:30AM-4PM